The Project Manager (PM) works in support of the Construction Division Manager, Project Engineer, CAD Drafters and Construction Superintendents ensuring job completion. This position plans, executes and finalizes the project according to the project budget, its short term and long-term scheduling milestones, our labor force availability, quality of installation and adherence to safety rules.
This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Productivity and Quality
- Direct project development from beginning to end with the involvement of the sales engineer,construction superintendent and service
- Develop detailed project scope, goals and deliverables based on the project proposal and specifications, in collaboration with sales engineer, construction superintendent, servicesuperintendent and division
- Develop full-scale project plans and schedules using Microsoft
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members using efficientand timely communications
- Identify and assist in resolving issues and conflicts within the project
- Track project milestones and deliverables on a weekly
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Coach, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Coordinate RFI (Request for Information) process.
- Continuously monitor and promote adherence to the company safety program on all assigned
- Balance the competing demands for quality, scope, time, job cost and
- Hold Kickoff meetings, 50% Job Completion meetings, 100% Job Completion meetings, pump-out and tie-in planning meetings, project completion and start-up meetings, and attend and participate in Weekly Construction Meetings
- Maintain a proactive “look ahead” view of projects to anticipate and solve issues as early as
- Maintain and provide all necessary project information to clients, engineers and construction teams, insuring job progress, working with the inside project manager and project administrator to keep all job information organized in such a way that protects Apcco’s interest and provides easy access
- Maintain excellent customer relations
- Meet customers’ needs and expectations
- Develop partnerships with customers by setting and keeping achievable commitment dates, understanding customers’ product, requirements and style of operating. Make our customers’ vision/mission/goals, ours as well.
- Make decisions based on customer needs, desires and expectations and on APCCO standards, not on personal preferences, style, or theory
- Maintain free-flowing information and cooperation between customer and APCCO project
- Work with project team to find best approaches to handle customer
- Work with the inside project manager, project administrator, and superintendent, to turn in all open projects’ costs to complete reports to Division Manager monthly.
- Use resources in most effective manner (including sharing cost savings ideas with project management team
- Abide by approved budgets
- Customer & Client Focus
- Financial Mgmt.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Presentation Skills
- Ethical Conduct
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment and is in an open room with constant activity and interaction with cross-functional divisions, departments and sections. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phone, photocopies, filing cabinets, fax machines and other equipment as needed. This job will also at times be at customers locations, where the environment will be open, loud and have various pieces of equipment and in use, along with the exposure to a variety of sights and smells, including a variety of processing chemicals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of piping practices and Apcco standards
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Become fluent in Microsoft Project and all other APCCO computer programs and application
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday __am to __ pm, however, based on the needs of the job, work hours may vary.
Travel is expected for this position, based on the duties to service the needs of the customer(s).
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Project Management, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or relatedfield
- 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of processdevelopment and execution.
- All APCCO employees who drive company owned vehicles or drive their own vehicle for company purposes:
- Must read, understand and follow the requirements of the APCCO Motor Vehicle Policy and Vehicle Maintenance Policy
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Provide a clear DMV record that is insurable with our company vehicle insurance carrier, including no accidents, incidents or DUI in the past 5 years (and updated annually)
- Participate in company-sponsored programs to maintain or improve driver safety
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Project Management, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|4. Lifting (weight 10 lbs.)||X|
|5. Heaviest weight lifted (20 lbs.)||X|
|6. Carrying (weight 10 lbs.)||X|
|7. Heavy weight carried (20 lbs.)||X|
|9. Weight pushed/pulled (25 lbs.)||X|
|15. Reach above shoulder||X|
|16. Work above shoulder||X|
|17. Walk on uneven ground||X|
|18 Fine manipulation||X|
|19. Gross manipulation||X|
|20. Simple grasping||X|
|21. Power grip||X|
|22. Hand twisting||X|
|23. Twisting of body||X|