The Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Construction) (SRC) works in support of the Purchasing Department by preparing outgoing shipments and receiving incoming shipments. Their duties include organizing incoming materials for transfer to the shop warehouse lead. Update receiving log and BOM/MR and organize all documentation and support of purchasing department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Shipping and Receiving
- Receive shipments – Check in the deliveries against the packing slip and what was ordered. Update BOM and MR. label material for jobs. Notify Purchasing Agent and Shop Lead what has been received.
- Assuring no damaged items are sent or received
- Ship items as necessary (UPS, FEDEX, and LTL Freight etc.)
- Responsible for coordination of all outgoing materials, material shipments and deliveries.
Inventory & Material Management
- Maintain accurate inventory and documentation of all materials received.
- Update product inventory as material is received.
- Tagging non-conforming material for hold until NCR is resolved.
- Packaging and labeling materials to be returned.
- Assist with Midyear and year-end inventory
- Maintain good supplier relations
- Notify Purchasing Agent and Shop Lead of any changes or problems with any shipments or received material issues.
- Not an inclusive list. Daily activities may include other miscellaneous jobs/tasks/duties that may vary daily.
- Must be available by phone during scheduled work hours, and possible some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Make decisions based on customer needs, desires, and expectations and on APCCO standards, not on personal preferences, style or theory.
- Maintain free-flowing information and cooperation between Purchasing Agent, Shop Lead personnel, and Fabrication Manager.
- APCCO construction/service departments as well as administrative staff and vendors. This position may be in view of, and in contact with, our customers on a variety of jobsites daily. Appearance and behavior must be always business-like and professional. Complaints from our customers will not be tolerated
- Ensure all time sheets are accurate and submitted on time to the payroll department ensuring that labor hours are accurately charged to the appropriate job numbers and cost codes
- Use resources in most effective manner (including sharing cost savings ideas with Purchasing Agent).
- Optimize productivity of flow of information and materials with Purchasing Agent and shop Lead.
- Consider importance of internal/external customer relationships when planning/conducting work
- Provide support to the Fabrication Manager and Shop Assistant personnel.
- The SRC plays a central role in maintaining open communication and partnership with customers, suppliers, subcontractors and all APCCO team members.
- All decisions/actions should contribute to achieving the APCCO vision, mission, and goals.
- In accordance with APCCO philosophy, the SRC is expected to champion and direct continuous learning and improvement in all functions
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Customer & Client Focused
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Time Mgmt.
- Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in an open staff room (secure inventory area) with constant activity in the Pre-Fab Shop area with interaction with cross-functional divisions, departments and sections. Outside elements can be unpredictable, often, hot, cold, with weather changes can occur. There are different heights that will need to be accessed, along with fumes, dust, noise and a variety of other environmental items. This job will also at times be at customers locations, where the environment will be open, loud and have various pieces of equipment and in use, along with the exposure to a variety of sights and smells, including a variety of processing chemicals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make every decision based on what overall is the best decision for the company.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Knowledge of refrigeration construction a plus.
- Skill required using basic hand tools (including hammer, drill, screwdriver, pliers, vice grip, grinder, band saw, hand saw, wrenches, power tools, etc.)
- Ability to periodically work overtime (over 8 hours in a day)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, listening, team player, cooperative, approachable)
- Ability to assist in maintaining a positive team environment by maintaining a positive attitude toward all APCCO team members, vendors, and customers
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, manage stress, and perform acceptably under pressure
- Ability to participate effectively in a team atmosphere by modeling and promoting conflict resolution, diversity, ethical practices, and organizational citizenship.
- Become fluent in all APCCO computer programs and applications as necessary
- Ability to maintain a problem-solving mindset; to anticipate problems and to develop constructive and balanced solutions.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (Computer, printer, fax, copier, mailing center, etc.).
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm, however, based on the needs of the job, workdays/hours may vary.
Travel is expected for this position, based on the duties to service the needs of the customer(s).
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to hold a valid Forklift certification
- Minimum 1 year experience working in and around construction sites and fabrication shops
- All APCCO employees who drive company owned vehicles or drive their own vehicle for company purposes:
- Must read, understand, and follow the requirements of the APCCO Motor Vehicle Policy and Vehicle Maintenance Policy
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Provide a clear DMV record that is insurable with our company vehicle insurance carrier, including no accidents, incidents or DUI in the past 5 years (and updated annually)
- Participate in company-sponsored programs to maintain or improve driver safety
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- WORK AUTHORIZATION:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|4. Lifting (weight 10 lbs.)||X|
|5. Heaviest weight lifted (20 lbs.)||X|
|6. Carrying (weight 10 lbs.)||X|
|7. Heavy weight carried (20 lbs.)||X|
|9. Weight pushed/pulled (25 lbs.)||X|
|15. Reach above shoulder||X|
|16. Work above shoulder||X|
|17. Walk on uneven ground||X|
|18 Fine manipulation||X|
|19. Gross manipulation||X|
|20. Simple grasping||X|
|21. Power grip||X|
|22. Hand twisting||X|
|23. Twisting of body||X|