The Tag and Label Technician works in the compliance department, installing tags and labels for all APCCO’s customers including support for the APCCO construction and service departments ensuring that all necessary tags and labels are installed as per current codes and specifications. This person shall assist all team members in providing tags and labels for all APCCO projects in an encouraging and productive manner and works daily under the direction of the T&L Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Productivity and Quality
- Install valve tags and labels based on P&ID’s – Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, APCCO standards and IIAR specifications.
- Manage and keep inventory on all materials and equipment.
- Travel to and from work at job sites as scheduled.
- Work at various heights; ladders, lifts, rooftops; using required PPE/Fall protection equipment
- Assist with painting projects as directed, per APCCO standards.
- Make decisions based on customer needs, desires, and expectations and on APCCO standards, not on personal preferences, style, or theory.
- Support a positive team atmosphere by modeling and promoting teamwork, diversity, cooperation, communication, professionalism, and respectful mannerisms among all APCCO team members, and hold others accountable to do the same.
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Mgmt.
- Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job typically works at customers locations, where the environment will be open, loud and have various pieces of equipment, along with the exposure to a variety of sights and smells, including a variety of processing chemicals. This job operates occasionally in a professional office environment and is in an open room with constant activity and interaction with cross-functional divisions, departments, and sections. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phone, photocopies, filing cabinets, fax machines and other equipment as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of construction refrigeration/piping a plus
- Skills required using basic hand tools (including hammer, drill, screwdriver, pliers, vice grip, grinder, band saw, hand saw, wrenches, power tools, etc.)
- Understanding technical drawings and the refrigeration process.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 7am to 4 pm, however, based on the needs of the job, work hours may vary.
Travel is expected for this position, based on the duties to service the needs of the customer(s).
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be able to hold a valid forklift certification.
- All APCCO employees who drive company owned vehicles or drive their own vehicle for company purposes:
- Must read, understand and follow the requirements of the APCCO Motor Vehicle Policy and Vehicle Maintenance Policy
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a clear DMV record that is insurable with our company vehicle insurance carrier, including no accidents, incidents or DUI in the past 5 years (and updated annually)
- Participate in company-sponsored programs to maintain or improve driver safety.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|4. Lifting (weight 25 lbs.)||X|
|5. Heaviest weight lifted (25+ lbs.)||X|
|6. Carrying (weight 10+ lbs.)||X|
|7. Heavy weight carried (25+ lbs.)||X|
|9. Weight pushed/pulled (25 lbs.)||X|
|15. Reach above shoulder||X|
|16. Work above shoulder||X|
|17. Walk on uneven ground||X|
|18 Fine manipulation||X|
|19. Gross manipulation||X||X|
|20. Simple grasping||X|
|21. Power grip||X|
|22. Hand twisting||X|
|23. Twisting of body||X|
|26. Working at heights||X|
|27. Working at heights 8’-30’||X|